October 1, 2012

transitions


I consider the threshold between September and October the real transition between summer and fall, maybe it just takes about a week to grasp the change.

The photo (I encourage you to click on it to see it bigger, the little hairs on the green are amazing) is of my last sunflower, the others all succumbed to the heavy rains between dry spells. This flower symbolizes a big transition for me. I think life is life a series of books and filled with different chapters. Sometimes we get to the end of one and the last chapter is when everything has come more or less to a certain point and it transitions you out of this book and prepares for the next. Of course the next book often starts with a chapter that eases one back into the next part of the story. These transitional chapters are just like transitions in our life, it is just hard to see where exactly one book ends and the next starts, one only knows they are in the middle of the transition.

Last October marked the beginning of many transitions in my life regarding health and the end of a my marriage. I don't know yet where I am transitioning to, because I don't know the next book yet. But I am sure it will be a good one. In uncertainty we can also find promise, hope and chance.

Either way, it seems that this is a good time to return to my exercise of looking for the beauty of being in the nooks and crannies of life and blog about it to share with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment