May 16, 2011

chinks in the barn


"Let the light of late afternoon shine through chinks in the barn," is from Jane Kenyon's poem Let Evening Come, which I was singing tonight at rehearsal (music by Brian Holmes). It made me think of this picture that I took many years ago while chaperoning a field trip to an apple orchard. The photo does not do justice to the mental picture I have of the rays of light filtering through. Some images stay with us for the rest of our lives, like little refuge islands to visit reminiscing.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this photo. I would love the file if you have one to share with me--I'd love to print, mat, and frame it. : ) I just posted this poem, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but of course!
    I love the Kenyon poem. I have never been a person finding the entrance to the world of poems until the day I started to sing them. Whitacre and Corigliano last year definitely changed my outlook on poetry forever.

    ReplyDelete