December 6, 2010

airplane

Seeing and hearing an airplane up in the sky always has something magical for me. There is something strangely comforting, because it reminds me that there are many people completely out of the context of my life. Up there in the air are all these people from different walks of life, some old, some young, somebody is sleeping, a baby is crying, somebody might be on the way home to his family, somebody else might fly to see relatives she has not seen in a while. While one person is on a work trip, somebody else might be on vacation and yet another is on the way to a job interview. The possibilities and scenarios are endless and I find that comforting, because I am sure that everybody has their share of good and bad in life and hearing that airplane up ahead, makes it almost tangible.

No comments:

Post a Comment