December 29, 2010

little ones

The best thing of my mother-in-law's yearly family Christmas gathering is seeing the changes of people from year to year, especially the little ones. Last year one of them was handed around as a cute little baby and was walking around today - just as cute I might add - and two little ones were not even born then and I know next year they are the ones walking around. I remember Christmas parties when many of the moms and dads were still children themselves. These kids are all wonderful and it is such a joy to see them grow. And most of all it is an even bigger joy to hold the babies, it's one of the best things in the world as far as I am concerned! Remember how annoying it was to have relatives be so shocked over how big you have gotten? Oh my, now I have turned into one of those aunts, scary. Then again, passage of time is something entirely different to children than it is to people who are past the midpoint in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment