December 5, 2010

kale / Grünkohl

Kale or like we call it in Germany: green cabbage. One cannot imagine how much I hated it growing up, there was only one things worse in my book and usually they were served together. My family used to tease me with this frightful vegetable. Forty years later and I love it. Here you can see five whole pounds of Kale, which really seems like a lot, but once you clean it and cook it, it a lot less. the cashier in the supermarket and the people ahead and behind me in line struck a conversation with me about Kale and I told people how to prepare it the traditional German way, how to use it when juicing and how to make kale chips. I wonder if google experienced this surge in 'Kale' searches. If only my grandmother could have seen how much I enjoyed my green cabbage tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment